The Church of God by Faith (COGBF) is a 101-year-old organization that was founded on faith in the Word of God. We were established in 1914 in Jacksonville, Florida and expanded across the country.
We have 173 churches as far south as Miami and as northwest as Tacoma, Washington. Some of them are large, others are small. We welcome small missions that are looking for a covering and support as well as already established medium and large churches that need the tools to go to the next level. We have only had four presiding bishops in all of these years and have never had a church split. Our chief prelate today is Presiding Bishop James E. McKnight, Jr. who has he the passion and vision to move this great church to the next level.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God and in all things, our foundation rest in Him. Please read the Articles of our Faith here for a full disclosure of our beliefs.
We have spectacular national conventions each year as well as regional, district-meetings every 5th Sunday. We understand with certainty that we are stronger when fighting against the enemy when we lock arms in the service of the Lord. One of the greatest benefits of our conventions is the high level leadership training that is provided by our Executive Council of Elders.
Some of the greatest benefits of affiliating is the ability to join forces with thousands of leaders and believers in our storied network of internal training. We offer several programs to help establish more effective churches including:
- National Council of Elders Training Program
- COGBF Theological Institute ministerial certification
- Governing Instruments (Church Effectiveness Training)
- Spectacular, soul-stirring conventions, different states
- Renowned guest artists and speakers
- Systems of Internal Control
- Church emergency and security plan
- Church Re-branding/Relaunching Program
- National Sunday School Ministry
- National Prayer Ministry Including 24-hour Prayer
- National Bi-monthly Prayer
- National Convention Programming Team
- National Women’s Ministry Training Program
- National Ushers Training Programing
- National Second Century Ministry for ages 18-35
- National Youth Ministry for Ages 13-17
- National Children’s Church
- National Technology Program to assist churches with tech needs
- Several local, district and national choirs
- National Bookstore with training materials
- National Pastors’ Retreats
- National Pastors’ Wives’ Retreats
The Church of God by Faith, Inc. recognizes the importance of every church having a spiritual covering and therefore, rejoices at the prospect of welcoming interested Christian clergy and/or church congregations to its fold through formal affiliation.
LEVELS OF AFFILIATIONS
There are three levels through which a church may apply for church affiliation with the COGBF:
- The Executive Council Affiliation
- The District Council Affiliation
- The Local Parent Church Affiliation
The Church of God by Faith has a commitment to being a welcoming organization of affiliate clergymen and church groups for the expressed purpose of glorifying God, celebrating Christ, to discipline believers, serving one another and mankind, and evangelizing unreached people in our nation and beyond.
Through affiliations, each added church agrees to partner with COGBF in realizing the following blessings and benefits:
- A greater Biblical unity through diversity across races, cultures, color, national origins, and Christian denominations
- An enrichment of Christian experience through true worship, Bible teaching and preaching, serving, loving, giving, learning, fellowshipping and evangelizing
- An expansion of shared resources, spiritual gifts and talents, material capital, physical locations, market reach, membership numbers, and trained professional and skilled personnel
TWO CATEGORIES OF AFFILIATIONS
1. Covered/Covenant Church Affiliation
A “Covered/Covenant Affiliated” church is one that is associated with COGBF, Inc. as an independent affiliate that does not wish to relinquish its independence in order to enter into full church-membership with COGBF, but desires to operate under the COGBF name in order to declare a parental covering. “Covenant Affiliated” churches will operate as independent entities whereby they will retain their identity and sovereignty.
Covenant affiliated churches will retain their property and be solely responsible for its maintenance as well as satisfy all state and local laws required for leasing and/or owning property. Covenant affiliated churches will not be permitted to purchase future properties in the name of the COGBF. (If/when Covenant Affiliated church seeks to become a full member church of the COGBF, all properties will be deeded to the Incorporation after a minimum observation period of 2 years). Covenant affiliated churches are expected to provide financial support to their designated district and the national church.
2. Full Affiliation:Becoming a Member Church
Full Church Affiliation is a process by which a church not formally connected with the COGBF becomes an active member-church of the COGBF Organization by a formal process that makes it subject to the governance, ecclesiastical supervision and authority of the COGBF, Inc. Although the term “affiliation” is used here, churches seeking “Full Church Affiliation” are technically not affiliates; rather they are full members of the COGBF, Inc. At the time of admittance into the COGBF, all property will be deeded to the Incorporation. Family owned property, daycare facilities, youth centers, etc. will be addressed by the Executive Council. Full affiliated churches are expected to provide financial support to their designated district and the national church.