Church of God by Faith Deacons and Deaconesses Retreat
For the first time in the history of the Church of God by Faith, Inc,, the Executive Council has endorsed a National Deacons and Deaconesses Retreat. This important ministry follows the release of the new Deacon’s Training Manual and the start of the first National COGBF Deacons/Deaconesses Training Class.
All of this recent attention on this ministry is the recognition that if we are to grow as a church body, deacons and deaconesses are to be on the front-lines of these efforts. Qualified “helpers” can free the hands of pastors to do the work that God has called them to do by caring for the spiritual and temporal needs of congregates.
- For COGBF deacons and deaconess to come together to
study more effective ways to administer the service of the
- To develop strategies to meet the requirements of this
present age more effectively .
- Collaborate with deacons and deaconesses from other
districts and local churches
- To fellowship and relax in a peaceful environment
- To eat and sleep well as we prepare for the many tasks
ABOUT THE RESORT SITE
The Georgia Baptist Conference Center is nestled on 850 wooded acres on serene Lake Louise. Outdoor activities include fishing, lake swimming, 150′ water slide, hiking, canoeing, tennis, and basketball.
The facilities include 240 guest rooms, 1000-seat auditorium, 300-seat chapel, 42 meeting rooms, coffee shop, snack shop and lake-view dining room with southern cooking at its finest.You make watch the video on the left for additional information.
IMPORTANT RETREAT INFO
- DATE: October 5-7, 2017
- THEME::Who were we? Who are we? Where are we going?
- Schedule: TBA
- Resort Website Here
- Retreat Flyer Here.
- Resort Photo Gallery Here
- COGBF Website Here
- COGBF Deacon’s Manual Here
- Deacon’s Family Ministry Plan Here
- :Retreat Coordinator: Deacon Al Smith
ELIGIBILITY TO ATTEND
All attendees must fit into one of these following categories:
- All Church of God by Faith deacons and deaconesses are invited to attend this event
- The spouses of COGBF deacons and deaconesses
- Invited special guests and speakers
- Members of the Executive Council
- All other guests who desire to attend but do not fit into these categories must be approved by the conference leadership
- No children or other unapproved individuals who do not fit into these categories.